Thursday 18 October 2012

Fun Gift Wrapping


I feel like I have been wrapping lots of presents lately. 
1st birthday presents, newborn presents and birthday presents...
It is lots of fun trying to come up with new ideas for wrapping gifts. I always try to wrap gifts with a bit of flair and personality and try to make them look fun and happy...
I'm quite partial to brown wrapping paper as my base and styling it with washi tape, ribbon, bakers twine, and other fun bits & bobs, new & old.

We just need some PRARDS to go with them... 

Designs for cards coming along nicely...Products for the cards is a bit slower. So many ideas, so many decisions to consider. Selling them via etsy is very different to packaging and selling them in shops. Packaging seems to be something I really need to consider before going to print and choosing products. Will they fit in standard packaging bags? I don't want to have to customize envelopes or cello bags. Postage is also another big consideration? Still a long way to go.

 Here are some wrappings from the past month.


I had such a giggle wrapping this 1st birthday present with a #1 balloon on top..but must say it was a tad embarrassing walking in with it. My one year old didn't seem to mind holding on to it though!

I received this vintage looking paper bag whilst buying something a few weeks ago. I thought it would make nice wrapping paper for the right size gift.

The opportunity came around to use the cute bag this week when wrapping a gift of hand moisturizer for a friends b'day. I had some left over bag, so turned it into a tag!

I've had this paper for quite some time and finally got around to using it recently. I had fun embellishing the paper with ribbon, a yo-yo and button.

I thought it would be cute to 'swaddle' this little gift for a recent hospital visit to a friends newborn. Simply swaddle, add some washi tape and it's ready to be gifted! I must say, it was much easier swaddling this little girl than the real thing!
I keep seeing gorgeous fabric bunting in shops lately, so I was inspired to make a bunting card

and some bunting wrapping to match with the card

A bit amateurish, but enjoyed using buttons, vintage lace and other fun craft pieces
I certainly can't claim this masterpiece. My friend wrapped our present for a recent 30th Birthday. Love the pearls!        

Now off to party...

No comments:

Post a Comment