Friday 8 February 2013

Birthday Weekend Away


What a fun filled weekend!

It started with a beautiful afternoon wedding of my gorgeous friend in the city...I had such a chuckle that I got a mention in her wedding speech AND an applause from the room for encouraging & persuading the bride some 3 1/2 years ago to go on RSVP & pushing her to keep on keeping on with her hunt when she was exhausted with the process...

The weekend then continued with a night away with the hubby at the Westin (our first ever night away from our daughter!). The staff at the Westin couldn't be sweeter with the cutest note & bottle of champas upon arrival to our room. The room had great views of the city & the colourful yarn bombing below the hotel.Which of course I photographed up close. It was also great to be overlooking my fav city building - the Nicholson building. So much to explore in the Nicholson building!

Delicious dinner at Izakaya Den which included sipping from some very Kawaii cups & dipping sweet bread into Salted Caramel fondue! The night concluded with a good laugh at a street performer playing some tunes in a costume!

The next day - my birthday - and even The Age magazine was celebrating for me by penning an article all about craft.

We headed on over to China Town for the Chinese New Year celebrations & saw the dragon up close & personal. I snapped a pic of these funky & colourful high tops from the always on trend shoe shop Miss Louise.

Then off to see my little girl & family & eat lots of cake (of course the kitschiest of kitsch ice cream cake was ordered for me!)

It was one busy & fun birthday weekend.



































No comments:

Post a Comment